A List of Personal Things You Can Do to Stay Well in a Time of CoVID19:
- Get solid sleep each night (7-8 hours)
- Gargle warm salt water twice a day. It makes the mucosa at the back of your mouth less hospitable to viral visitors
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
- If you have a humidifier use it properly (clean every day). Viruses have a harder time when ambient air has 40% humidity.
- Easy on the dehydrating things like too much coffee
- Make foods with immune boosters—garlic, ginger, turmeric, parsley, thyme, sage, bone broth
- Elderberry syrup
- Increase the ZINC in your diet: chickpeas, almonds, cashews, lentils, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, oatmeal
- Eliminate all booze (it depresses the immune system)
- Don’t smoke (it comprises your respiratory system’s defenses)
- If you have underlying lung issues consider taking Ashwagandha for the next two months
- Get some good time outdoors each day, get the sun on your bare skin to activate Vitamin D
- Express appreciation out loud to the earth who supports you and your loved ones who love you
- Sing outloud, expands lung capacity and the stimulation of the vagal nerve can calm your body’s stress drive
- Hold your kids close. They are awesome and won’t be small forever. Even as we are financially challenged, try to see this moment of them being close as a gift
- Call your mom if you can and tell her you’re grateful for her
- Limit gatherings and if you need to meet, keep it to small family size (6-8 people)
- Namaste. No hugs or Hi5.
- Wash Your Hands, Don’t Touch Your Face
We will get thru this. We are here for you.
Check out Rupa Marya, MD (@DrRupaMarya): https://twitter.com/DrRupaMarya?s=09